Working in partnership with youth, families, and the community, Partnership for Children of Essex (PCE) creates a pathway for hope and improves the quality of life for youth and their families in Essex County.
Partnership for Children of Essex is devoted to creating and sustaining a positive work environment that encourages personal growth and development. Using our Wraparound Model of Care with the youth and families we serve, we instill hope, resilience, and empowerment. Through our commitment to quality services, we excel as leaders in our field.
- Families are equal partners in the service planning and delivery process.
- The care management process is supportive and respectful of family culture, values, strengths, and preferences.
- We believe that all youth and families can grow, improve, become resilient, and thrive.
Our Guiding Principles
- The successes of every youth and family being served are important and can be built on to give youth and families the greatest opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
- All aspects of our operations build on the strengths and assets of youth, families, organizations, and communities throughout Essex County.
- We work to ensure accessibility of all services (time, location, transportation, and language), and have them available to families as close to their homes/communities as possible.
- Our Board of Trustees and our staff are culturally diverse and reflective of the community we serve.
- We ensure that youth, families, communities, and the organizations that serve them understand the importance of finding and creating innovative solutions.
- We form working partnerships with families and all other stakeholders in delivering services to the youth, families, and communities throughout Essex County.
- We develop Individual Service Plans (ISP) to meet the needs of youth and families and help them achieve their goals. ISPs are family driven and families play an active role in meeting their own needs throughout their time with us.
- Continual improvement and family satisfaction drives our service planning and delivery.
- Services for families and youth are comprehensive and build on their natural supports.
- We advocate for youth and families with various levels of need including the need for preventive and early intervention services within their communities.
- We provide on-call crisis response to meet the needs of the youth and families we serve.
- We advocate for systems change at the state level, and the integration and coordination across service systems at the community level.
- We facilitate a mutual education process for youth, families, organizations, and communities to reach optimal outcomes.
- We develop creative, innovative solutions and new services and resources based on the needs and preferences of youth and families throughout Essex County.
Our Quality Standards
Safety provides for the welfare of youth/families and staff through the use of the following:
- Environment (i.e., home, community, treatment facilities, workplace, agency equipment, and vehicles)
- Policies & Procedures (i.e., Policy and Procedure Manual, Employee Handbook)
- Crisis Planning/Prevention
Respect is the display of appropriate conduct as well as acts of integrity towards youth/families/caregivers, co-workers, system partners, and the physical environment through the use of the following:
- Treating everyone with dignity
- Maintaining privacy/confidentiality
- Honoring “Voice and Choice”
Caring is demonstrating concern for the wellbeing of youth/families/caregivers, co-workers, and the community through the use of the following:
- Non-judgmental actions and words
- Offering support
- Displaying compassion and empathy
- Maintaining the best interest of the individual and agency
Competency is possessing the necessary qualities to be successful in all facets of your work through the use of the following:
- Acquiring knowledge
- Being culturally competent
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Providing services appropriate to need
- Ethical decision making
- Commitment to the Wraparound Process
Efficiency entails timely and accurate operations at all levels of service through the use of the following:
- Time management skills
- Compliance with agency protocols
- Creating sustainable plans